Advised the creditor in connection with a financing the construction of a nuclear power facility in Israel with subsequent debt for equity swap.
Advised on corporate restructuring of a leading pharmaceutical business in Russia in accordance with the Russian CFC laws.
Advised the creditor in connection with a settlement of a bank debt of one of the largest Russian mobile phone retailers.
Advised the purchaser in connection with a buy-out of the minority shareholders in one of the largest recreation projects in the Moscow region.
Represented the purchaser in connection with a purchase of a blocking shareholding in a top-10 Russian mobile application developer.
Represented the seller in connection with a sale of 100% shares in a Russian glass-facade holding company in favor of a foreign private equity fund.
Advised the purchaser in connection with a purchase of a blocking shareholding in a hotel project in Moscow.
Corporate law is one of key practices in F&P. We provide legal support to companies’ corporate actions as well as various projects in this area of practice.
We have vast experience in mergers and acquisitions (M&A), namely:
- M&A deal structuring;
- due diligence;
- antitrust authority approval support;
- legal advice on minimization of tax and other risks related to sale or purchase of business;
- drafting shareholder’s agreements, call and put options, and other documents regulating management of companies, ways of dispute resolution and withdrawal from projects;
- further legal support for an acquired company;
- formalizing relationship with management, including development and drafting of remuneration policy for top and medium level managers and other key employees;
- optimization of an ownership structure;
setting-up flexible corporate management model based on the best market practice.
Due to solid partnership relations with the leading law firms overseas we are not limited by project geography and provide fast and efficient support to cross-border projects.
Since the Firm’s foundation our dispute resolution team has represented clients in cases totaling over 4 billions rubles. We are proud of the fact that more than 95% of all disputes we worked on were settled in favor of our clients.
We are always happy to provide you with legal support at the stage of out of court dispute resolution, mediation and amicable settlement agreement execution. In cases when out of court settlement fails to reach the desired effect, we represent our clients in court in the course of:
- corporate disputes;
- disputes with insurance companies;
- disputes in the sphere of natural resources use and other administrative disputes;
- real estate and construction disputes;
- tax disputes;
- labor disputes;
- anti-defamation lawsuits and protection of business reputation;
We are ready to swing into action at any stage. Our experience includes participation in procedures from development of the best options of dispute resolution and forming up litigation tactics to arrangement of quick and efficient court ruling execution.
We provide legal support to our private clients who intend to plan efficient long-term sustainment, use and growth of their wealth.
Expert wealth planning means averting many risks relating to assets in advance and avoiding any corporate or family conflicts and time-consuming legal proceedings.
Our experience in wealth planning and private asset management includes inter alia:
- drafting and negotiating prenuptial agreements;
- securing assets through trusts or other similar instruments;
- establishing participation in charity foundations or other non-profit organizations;
- structuring investment projects.
Intellectual property today can bring enormous profits to its owner, whilst it is extremely vulnerable when it comes to its protection.
Wisely structured ownership of intellectual property can protect your company and product against unscrupulous competitors and may be used as an effective way of doing business.
We are glad to offer the following services:
- registration and extension of trade marks in Russia and overseas;
- registration and extension of international trade marks;
- development and registration of agreements on assignment of intellectual property rights (license agreements, agreements on transfer of rights, etc.);
- performing patent search and patent research;
- interacting with the Federal Intellectual Property Service of Russia with regard to challenging negative decisions on trade mark registration;
- protection of intellectual property rights (trade marks, patents and etc.) including in court;
- consulting on use of intellectual property as a way for tax optimization.
Real estate and construction business are one of the most dynamically developing spheres. Flightman & Priest consistently handles transactions with real estate and provides legal advice on construction and land issues.
Our lawyers regularly represent clients in the course of acquiring residential and non-residential real estate (apartments, offices, industrial objects, land plots, etc.) in Russia and overseas, including Portugal, France, the UAE, Italy the Seychelles and Cyprus.
Our experience in this area includes:
- due diligence and legal support of real estate transactions : sale and purchase, rent, mortgage, construction, participatory share construction agreements, etc.;
- legal advice in relation to construction activities;
- legal support relating to registration proceedings of real estate rights and agreements;
- handling irregular land relations.
Tax planning is one of the most important, developed and preferential practice areas for Flightman & Priest. In the course of our projects we always consider tax issues.
We work through various scenarios so that our clients avoid double taxation, set up efficient management structure and stay confidential.
In this area of practice we provide the following services:
- incorporation and further legal support of companies, trusts and funds;
- opening bank accounts for individuals and companies with foreign banks;
- legal advice on setting up international holding structures;
- legal and tax analysis of consequences of executed agreements.