Advised the client in the confirmation, preparation, conclusion and execution of an international equipment sale and purchase agreement concluded with the government of an African country
Represented a leading Russian company manufacturer of animal drugs in the acquisition of a 100% stake in a regional company engaged in the manufacture of animal drugs and feed supplements
Structured and implemented the acquisition of a real estate building at the historical centre of Moscow
Developed and implemented a structure in view of issuing a bond loan by a European issuer
Represented the client in the restructuration of foreign assets by means of acquisition of Eurobonds with the client’s further participation in capital amnesty
Developed and implemented the restructuration of an international investment fund and its group of companies in various jurisdictions (Russia, Cyprus, the Seychelles, Sweden)
Advised the client (project initiator) in the creation of a joint venture with a public investor as part of a project on the development and manufacture of a new type of vehicle
Provided legal support to the reorganisation of a governmental body (liquidation of branches and separate representative offices, reduction of personnel, etc.)
Supported the client as part of a corporate conflict and an attempt of an illegal business takeover
Advised the debtor on issues related to preparation for possible bankruptcy. Advised the debtor on subsidiary liability issues
Supported the creditor as part of the development and implementation of a strategy on the collection of the debt of more than 90 debtors of an energy company
Developed a defense strategy on the side of the distributor against unfair competition, corporate extortion and the illegal termination of the rights of the distributor of animal drugs
Taxes and international taxation are one of the most important, developed and preferential practice areas for Flightman & Priest. Tax issues are always considered in course of our projects.
We thoroughly develop various scenarios so that our clients could avoid double taxation, set up an efficient management structure and at the same time remain confidential.
In this area of practice, we provide the following services:
- incorporation and further legal support of companies, trusts and funds;
- opening bank accounts for individuals and companies with foreign banks;
- legal advice on setting up international holding structures with due account for appropriate tax burden;
legal and tax analysis of the consequences of concluded agreements.
Corporate law is one of the key practices of Flightman & Priest. We provide legal support to companies’ corporate activity as well as various projects in this area of practice.
We have vast experience in mergers and acquisitions (M&A), namely:
- M&A deal structuring;
- due diligence;
- antitrust authority approval support;
- legal advice on the minimisation of tax and other risks related to the sale or purchase of business;
- drafting shareholders’ agreements, call and put options, and other documents regulating the joint management of companies, dispute resolution procedures and withdrawal from projects;
- further legal support to an acquired company;
- formalisation of relationship with management including the development and drafting of remuneration policy for top and medium level managers and other key employees;
- optimisation of business ownership structure;
- development of a flexible corporate management model based on the best global practices.
Due to solid partner relations with leading law firms overseas, our activity is not geographically limited and we provide fast and efficient support to cross-border projects.
Flightman & Priest has vastly represented clients in numerous bankruptcy cases. Our lawyers have participated in bankruptcy proceedings acting on behalf of both creditors and debtors.
When representing creditors in bankruptcy cases, our lawyers quite often face a number of challenges: finding and unraveling the debtor’s schemes of asset and fund leakage, identifying and contesting suspicious transactions conducted when approaching bankruptcy, collecting evidence of the controlling persons’ culpability with a view to bring them to subsidiary liability.
We clearly understand the serious consequences of bankruptcy for debtors. This enables us to provide comprehensive pre-bankruptcy services including the analysis of documents and accounts, development of possible case scenarios, elaboration of the most suitable strategy and its implementation when necessary.
Our services in the field of bankruptcy include among others:
- tracing of the debtor’s assets including those overseas;
- development of a roadmap aimed at bankruptcy prevention;
- drafting and filing of a bankruptcy petition (on behalf of the creditor or the debtor);
- preparation of objections to the claims of other creditors;
- preparation of statements on contesting transactions on special grounds;
- appealing against the illegal actions or omissions of the receiver;
- bringing the controlling persons of the debtor to subsidiary liability;
- development of a defense strategy against subsidiary liability;
- assistance to the receiver in asset tracing and auctioning the debtor’s assets for sale.
Since the foundation of the Firm, our team has successfully been representing clients in the resolution of various disputes. We are proud of the fact that over 95% of the disputes we have resolved were terminated in favour of our clients.
We are always willing to provide you with legal support at the stage of out of court dispute resolution, mediation and settlement agreement conclusion. In case out of court settlement turns out ineffective, we represent our clients in court as part of:
- corporate disputes;
- disputes with insurance companies;
- disputes in the field of natural resources use and other administrative disputes;
- real estate and construction disputes;
- commercial disputes;
- tax disputes;
- labour disputes;
- claims related to honour, dignity and business reputation protection;
- family disputes.
We are ready to launch the project at any stage. Our experience includes participation in procedures starting from the development of the best options of dispute resolution and litigation tactics, up to the arrangement of a quick and efficient court ruling execution.
We provide legal support to our private clients who intend to plan efficient long-term sustainment, use and growth of their wealth.
Expert wealth planning means averting many risks relating to assets in advance and avoiding any corporate or family conflicts and time-consuming legal proceedings.
Our experience in wealth planning and private asset management includes inter alia:
- drafting and negotiating prenuptial agreements;
- securing assets through trusts or other similar instruments;
- establishing participation in charity foundations or other non-profit organizations;
- structuring investment projects.
In today’s world, intellectual property can bring enormous profit to its owner but at the same time is extremely vulnerable when it comes to its protection.
Not only can a wisely structured ownership of intellectual property protect your company and products against unfair competition but it may also be used as an effective way of doing business.
We are willing to offer the following services:
- registration and extension of trade marks in Russia and overseas;
- registration and extension of international trade marks;
- development and registration of agreements on the assignment of intellectual property rights (license agreements, agreements on the transfer of rights, etc.);
- performance of patent search and research;
- interaction with the Federal Intellectual Property Service of Russia with regard to contesting negative decisions on trade mark registration;
- protection of intellectual property rights (trade marks, patents, etc.), even in court;
- advice on the use of intellectual property as a way of tax optimisation.
Real estate and the construction business are one of the most dynamically developing fields. Flightman & Priest consistently handles real estate transactions and provides legal advice on construction and land issues.
Our lawyers regularly represent clients in course of acquiring residential and non-residential real estate (apartments, offices, industrial objects, land plots, etc.) in Russia and overseas, namely in Portugal, France, the UAE, Italy, the Seychelles and Cyprus.
Our experience in this area includes:
- comprehensive due diligence and legal support of real estate transactions: sale and purchase, rent, mortgage, construction, construction co-funding, etc.;
- legal advice in relation to construction activities;
- legal support relating of registration proceedings for real estate agreements and rights;
- handling irregular land relations.