Advised the client in confirmation, preparation, conclusion and execution of the international equipment sale and purchase agreement concluded with the government of an African country
Represented a leading Russian company manufacturer of animal drugs in acquisition of a 100% stake in a regional company engaged in manufacturing of animal drugs and feed supplements
Structured and implemented the acquisition of a real estate building at the historical center of Moscow
Developed and implemented a structure for issuance of a bond loan by a European issuer
Represented the client in restructuring of foreign assets by acquisition of Eurobonds with further participation of the client in capital amnesty
Developed and implemented the restructuration of the international investment fund and its group of companies in various jurisdictions (Russia, Cyprus, the Seychelles, Sweden)
Advised the client (project initiator) in creation of a joint venture with a public investor as part of a project on development and manufacture of a new type of vehicle
Provided legal support to the reorganization of a government body (liquidation of branches and separate representative offices, reduction of personnel, etc.)
Advised the authorized distributor of the designer items of an international level Russian sportsman in Russia
Supported the client as part of a corporate conflict and an attempt of illegal business takeover
Advised the debtor on the issues related to preparation for possible bankruptcy. Advised the debtor on the issues of subsidiary liability
Supported the creditor as part of development and implementation of a strategy on debt collection with regard to more than 90 debtors of an energy company
Developed a defense strategy on the side of the distributor against unfair competition, corporate extortion and illegal termination of the rights of the distributor of animal drugs
Taxes and international taxation is one of the most important, developed and preferential practice areas for Flightman & Priest. In the course of all our projects we always consider tax issues.
We work through various scenarios so that our clients avoid double taxation, set up efficient management structure and stay confidential.
In this area of practice we provide the following services:
- incorporation and further legal support of companies, trusts and funds;
- opening bank accounts for individuals and companies with foreign banks;
- legal advice on setting up international holding structures;
- legal and tax analysis of consequences of executed agreements.
Corporate law is one of key practices in F&P. We provide legal support to companies’ corporate actions as well as various projects in this area of practice.
We have vast experience in mergers and acquisitions (M&A), namely:
- M&A deal structuring;
- due diligence;
- antitrust authority approval support;
- legal advice on minimization of tax and other risks related to sale or purchase of business;
- drafting shareholder’s agreements, call and put options, and other documents regulating management of companies, ways of dispute resolution and withdrawal from projects;
- further legal support for an acquired company;
- formalizing relationship with management, including development and drafting of remuneration policy for top and medium level managers and other key employees;
- optimization of an ownership structure;
setting-up flexible corporate management model based on the best market practice.
Due to solid partnership relations with the leading law firms overseas we are not limited by project geography and provide fast and efficient support to cross-border projects.
Flightman & Priest has represented clients in numerous bankruptcy cases. Our lawyers participated at different stages of bankruptcy proceedings acting on behalf of both creditors and debtors.
Representing creditors in bankruptcy cases almost always involves unraveling of debtor’s schemes of assets leakages, identification and challenge of suspicious transactions conducted by the debtor when approaching bankruptcy. We also collect evidence proving subsidiary liability of the controlling persons.
We clearly understand the consequences of bankruptcy for debtors. This enables us to provide complex pre-bankruptcy services including analysis of documents and accounts, development of possible case scenarios, elaboration of the most suitable strategy and its implementation.
Our services in the field of bankruptcy include among others:
- tracing of the debtor’s assets including those overseas;
- development of a roadmap aimed at bankruptcy prevention;
- drafting and filing of a bankruptcy petition (on behalf of creditor or debtor);
- preparations of objections to claims of other creditors;
- preparation of statements for challenging transactions on special grounds provided by the Bankruptcy Law;
- appealing against illegal actions or omissions of the receiver;
- bringing the controlling persons of a debtor to subsidiary liability;
- development of a defense strategy against subsidiary liability;
- assistance to the receiver in asset tracing and auctioning debtor’s assets for sale.
Since the foundation of the Firm, our team has successfully been representing clients in resolution of various disputes. We are proud of the fact that over 95% of the disputes we have resolved have been terminated in favor of our clients.
We are always happy to provide you with legal support at the stage of out of court dispute resolution, mediation and amicable settlement agreement execution. In cases when out of court settlement fails to reach the desired effect, we represent our clients in court in the course of:
- corporate disputes;
- disputes with insurance companies;
- disputes in the sphere of natural resources use and other administrative disputes;
- real estate and construction disputes;
- tax disputes;
- labor disputes;
- anti-defamation lawsuits and protection of business reputation;
We are ready to swing into action at any stage. Our experience includes participation in procedures from development of the best options of dispute resolution and forming up litigation tactics to arrangement of quick and efficient court ruling execution.
We provide legal support to our private clients who intend to plan efficient long-term sustainment, use and growth of their wealth.
Expert wealth planning means averting many risks relating to assets in advance and avoiding any corporate or family conflicts and time-consuming legal proceedings.
Our experience in wealth planning and private asset management includes inter alia:
- drafting and negotiating prenuptial agreements;
- securing assets through trusts or other similar instruments;
- establishing participation in charity foundations or other non-profit organizations;
- structuring investment projects.
Intellectual property today can bring enormous profits to its owner, whilst it is extremely vulnerable when it comes to its protection.
Wisely structured ownership of intellectual property can protect your company and product against unscrupulous competitors and may be used as an effective way of doing business.
We are glad to offer the following services:
- registration and extension of trade marks in Russia and overseas;
- registration and extension of international trade marks;
- development and registration of agreements on assignment of intellectual property rights (license agreements, agreements on transfer of rights, etc.);
- performing patent search and patent research;
- interacting with the Federal Intellectual Property Service of Russia with regard to challenging negative decisions on trade mark registration;
- protection of intellectual property rights (trade marks, patents and etc.) including in court;
- consulting on use of intellectual property as a way for tax optimization.
Real estate and construction business are one of the most dynamically developing spheres. Flightman & Priest consistently handles transactions with real estate and provides legal advice on construction and land issues.
Our lawyers regularly represent clients in the course of acquiring residential and non-residential real estate (apartments, offices, industrial objects, land plots, etc.) in Russia and overseas, including Portugal, France, the UAE, Italy the Seychelles and Cyprus.
Our experience in this area includes:
- due diligence and legal support of real estate transactions : sale and purchase, rent, mortgage, construction, participatory share construction agreements, etc.;
- legal advice in relation to construction activities;
- legal support relating to registration proceedings of real estate rights and agreements;
- handling irregular land relations.